Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Books Read

I know of a prominent Christian pastor/speaker/blogger/writer that has been reading about one book per week for decades. The wife of one of my pastors set a goal this year to read 52 books, again the one book a week thing.

I, however, set my sights a bit lower. The old cliché says to aim for the moon, and you will at least hit a star. I just went for the stars immediately.

With the dawn of 2008 I determined to try and finish a minimum of 12 books a year, or a measly one book per month. Mostly, I have accomplished this. Here are my lists of finished books for 2008 and 2009.

Books completed in 2008

That Hideous Strength, by C. S. Lewis
The Abolition of Man, by C. S. Lewis
The Count of Monte Cristo, by Alexandre Dumas
The Chronicles of Amber, Volume 1, by Roger Zelazny
The Chronicles of Amber, Volume 2, by Roger Zelazny
Trumps of Doom, by Roger Zelazny
Blood of Amber, by Roger Zelazny
Sign of Chaos, by Roger Zelazny
Knight of Shadows, by Roger Zelazny
Prince of Chaos, by Roger Zelazny
Recalling the Hope of Glory, by Allen P. Ross
Don't Make Me Think: A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability, by Steve Krug
Thinking with Type: A Critical Guide, by Ellen Lupton

Books completed in 2009

The Hobbit, by J. R. R. Tolkein
The Brothers Karamazov, by Fyodor Dostoevsky
100 Cupboards, by N. D. Wilson
Dandelion Fire, by N. D. Wilson
The Fellowship of the Ring, by J. R. R. Tolkien
On Stories and Other Essays on Literature, by C. S. Lewis
The Three Signs of a Miserable Job, by Patrick Lencioni
Pride and Prejudice, by Jane Austin
Notes from the Tilt-a-Whirl: Wide-Eyed Wonder in God’s Spoken World, by N. D. Wilson
The Key-Lock Man, by Louis L’Amour
The Two Towers, by J. R. R. Tolkien

2010 has been a much more successful year in terms of total books read, but who’s counting? I will post that list in early January, since I am still reading.

No comments: