Sunday, January 01, 2012

Books Completed in 2011

Here is the list for 2011. My goal is a minimum of 12 books completed per year, or an average of one per month. If I start a book in one year, and finish it in the next, it counts in the year it was completed. My sights are set low, but the goal is attainable. (Obviously, I am not shooting for stars and hoping for the moon: I am settling for clouds.)

I try to read some books that my kids are reading, because I love to read young adult fiction, and I love to read what my kids are reading, as it makes for great conversations. I prefer novels, as I have been reading fiction since my earliest memories of reading. I also enjoy reading essays and theology. The problem with the latter is that I am very slow. Oh well. Novels help me attain my yearly goal.

I also previously posted on books read in 2010 and 2008/2009.

Wayfaring: Essays Pleasant and Unpleasant, by Alan Jacobs
The Lightning Thief: Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book One, by Rick Riordan
The Rise and Fall of Mount Majestic, by Jennifer Trafton
The Sea of Monsters: Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book Two, by Rick Riordan
The Titan's Curse: Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book Three, by Rick Riordan
The Battle of the Labyrinth: Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book Four, by Rick Riordan
The Last Olympian: Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book Five, by Rick Riordan
The Lost Hero: Heroes of Olympus, Book One, by Rick Riordan
The Fiddler’s Gun, by A. S. Peterson
The Fiddler’s Green, by A. S. Peterson
The Elements of Style, by William Strunk, Jr. & E. B. White
Treasure Island, by Robert Louis Stevenson
The Dragon's Tooth, by Nathan D. Wilson
Holes, by Louis Sachar
The Monster in the Hollows: The Wingfeather Saga, Book Three, by Andrew Peterson
The Son of Neptune: Heroes of Olympus, Book Two, by Rick Riordan
Crazy U: One Dad’s Crash Course in Getting His Kid into College, by Andrew Ferguson
Living in God's Two Kingdoms: A Biblical Vision for Christianity and Culture, by David VanDrunen

No comments: