Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Snow and Stones

It is Tuesday night and the weatherman says that we should be getting five to eight inches of snow between now and Thursday. That sounds kind of fun. Despite the fact that snow is a regular occurance in Minneapolis, if it goes two or three days without snowing, people forget how to drive in it. So, tomorrow's commute should be very slow.

As for stones, the doctor says I have them. As in multiple kidney stones. I have had several recurring instances of extreme abdominal pain in the last four weeks, so at the strong urging of my wife, I went to see the doc. Sure enough, the Star Trek like CT Scan indicates that small rocks have formed in my left kidney and have decided to make like Mick Jagger and be rolling stones. Unfortunately, the route they want to roll is a bit small. The doctor called today and insists that I get in ASAP to deal with this problem, but I have an exegesis paper due in 1 week, as well as two finals. I don't have a lot of time for either snow or stones.

Needless to say, we could use your prayers.

No comments: