Friday, June 10, 2011

1,000 Miles and Counting

Wendy and I ran a casual 4 mile run this morning. Casual until the last half-mile when we ran up a hill we strive normally to avoid. Amazingly, we ran up with little extra effort. Two years ago, I would have stopped after 100 feet and puked. God is kind to give us bodies that can strengthen with effort.

Speaking of effort, while Wendy started running in April 2009, I didn’t start until September 14, 2009. With this morning’s run, my personal odometer crossed the 1,000 mile threshold. That sounds pretty cool, until I realize that I ran 1,000 miles in 22 months. That averages out to only 45.5 miles per month.

My goal for the calendar year 2011 is 750 miles. I am stating this publicly because it is a tough goal. In order to reach it, I need to run an average of 74 miles per month for the rest of 2011.

Pray for me.

1 comment:

Chase said...

wow dad! are you sure you can do it?